Everybody is using Social Media nowadays. You, me, our grandparents, the dog down the street, lab-rats, the works! Now even politicians are starting to use it! Here are a couple of reasons why Politicians have opened up their minds to Social Media outlets:
- Provides transparency and credibility
- Highly targeted and inexpensive ads
- Politicians can let the people be their voice
- Allows some to improve public service
- Provides campaigns with calculated political strategies
These are all similar reasons as to why businesses should be using Social Media as well! It is a way to connect with people and a way for people to connect with brands (in this case the next mayor/governor/senator). Here is some more information about how Politicians and campaigns are using Social Media.
Headline: Political Campaigns and Social Media