With springtime looming around the corner, you may be busy making summer vacation plans, organizing your pantry, or finally getting around to de-junking your garage. So what better time than the onset of a new season to do some serious spring cleaning – virtual style.
If it’s been a while since you’ve thought about your website, you’re probably due for a good assessment of its effectiveness. Many businesses get overly aggressive with their website and aim to stockpile as much information into the pages as possible. But this strategy isn’t doing you any favors, and likely not attracting new customers. So, while you’re cleaning out the shed this spring, use our five steps below to give your website a fresh face too.
Five Steps for Spring Cleaning Your Website
- Stick to a simple color scheme: Too many colors can look busy on a website while a simple palette of two or three colors can give a site a sleek finish. If your site is all over the rainbow, it might be time to rethink your graphic style.
- Get rid of ineffective content: If you’ve had your website a while, you’re probably familiar with what specifically is driving customers to your site. Keep this information, and get rid of the fluff. Customers will appreciate the ability to quickly find what they need without getting lost.
- Move the important stuff up: Did you know that your customers are much more likely to read what’s “above the fold?” Essentially, this means you should place the important content in the upper portion of your site, so customers won’t need to scroll to find it.
- Kill ineffective pages: A mess of web pages can be daunting or confusing for customers. Determine which pages are really necessary, and get rid of the rest. If necessary, rename these pages so their content is very clear to the customer from the get-go.
- Avoid graphic overkill: Customers are turned off by web pages with too much going on. So if you’ve got music, moving animation, and flashing photography, you may want to simplify. Limit your “moving” elements to one per page at most.
Does your website need some extra TLC? We’re happy to help! Our website experts will give you the lift you need for spring – and all year long.
Headline: Spring Cleaning — For Your Website!
Publisher: NeONBRAND https://neonbrand.com
Leave a Reply