My, oh my, how time does fly! Now that half of 2011 is behind us, it may be time to assess your social media performance in the past six months and, if it’s a tad lackluster, amp it up to sail through summer and finish the year strong.
Hot Summer Tips
Business2Community recently shared a useful guide for getting the most out of social media this summer by utilizing the most sizzling trends around:
- Loco for Location! This summer, virtual check-in’s are the place to be, so if you’re letting your brick-and-mortar shop do the work, it’s time to find some space in the virtual realm.
- Group-ing: With group sales through the roof with companies like Groupon, Living Social, Yelp and others, if you’re not taking advantage of mass buying power, now’s the time.
- Content-driven Marketing: Savvy social media users know SEO-targeted fluff when they see it. That’s why your content should be timely, thoughtful, and relevant to your costumers.
- Searching Socially: Perhaps you’ve noticed the addition of “Google likes” this year – the search engine giant has now made social interactions searchable, so that aforementioned relevant content will get even more play when people start to digg, like, or Tweet it.
- Mobile Play: What’s a computer? Social-media-ites are constantly connected with their smartphones and tablets, so if you haven’t gone mobile, you’re missing out.
- Summer of Social? Here we come.
See more: http://www.business2community.com/social-media/5-social-media-trends-to-watch-for-this-summer-026860
Headline: Summer of Social