Is 2014 the year of content marketing for your business? If it isn’t, maybe it should be! As digital marketing continues to expand and evolve, it’s all about content. But developing a content marketing strategy that’s effective as well as adaptable can be intimidating. That’s why we’re simplifying the process for you. By integrating these five key components into your content marketing strategy, you’re better equipped to realize the success you’re hoping for.
The Keys to Content Marketing Success
- Define your audience: Content marketing requires relevancy. That relevancy can’t be achieved unless you define your audience very specifically. Your content won’t resonate with everyone, so you need to ensure its resonating with the people most likely to give you business.
- Create personas: Once you know your target audience, create personas around them. These are detailed profiles that include their demographics, motivations, interests, where they hang out and what they read or consume.
- Create conversion goals: You have your target audience and customer persona. Now, what do you want that audience and persona to do? Clearly and specifically define your conversion goals, and then detail the steps your customer will take from content consumption to conversion.
- Determine contact methods: How are you planning to deliver your content? Considering your target audience and persona, determine the most effective ways to reach them – via social media, email, direct mail, text messages, tweets, phone calls – the list goes on and on.
- Create great content: You have your delivery strategy, now what about content? Hold brainstorming sessions to determine where your expertise as a business lies and what your customers care to know or learn. Identify subject matter experts within your business who can share their expertise with customers.
Ready to get started? We can help! Call us today and make 2014 your year of content marketing.
Headline: Five Keys to Successful Content Marketing